Free Film & Panel Discussion: Criminalization of Homelessness
September 21 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Come to one of four showings of “Under the Bridge: Criminalization of Homelessness”, a documentary about one summer in a tent city under a bridge in Indianapolis. The story has striking similarities for homeless communities in Eugene and many other cities, particularly on the West coast.
Stay after the film for a Q&A discussion with representatives from Ward 9: Homeless Neighbors Association, White Bird Clinic, Eugene Police Department, and the Eugene Human Rights Commission Homelessness Work Group.
Can’t make this one? Go to one of other showings happening around Eugene:
- Sheldon Community Center: Friday Sept. 14, 6:30 pm
- Campbell Center: Tuesday, Sept. 18, 12:00 pm
- Hilyard Community Center: Friday Sept. 28, 6:30 pm
- River Road Rec. Dept. Annex: Sunday, October 7, 7:00 p.m.
- River Road Rec. Center at Emerald Park: Monday, October 15, 11:00am
This project is the result of an effort coordinated by the Eugene Human Rights Commission Homelessness Work Group.