- This event has passed.
ABC – Building an Inclusive and Welcoming Community – Part Three: “Conversations about Community Policing”
September 9, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
ZOOM sign-in info:
Online ZOOM Event
OR Dial by phone:
For PART THREE of our three-part series, “Conversations about Community Policing,” we will be joined by Councilman Greg Evans, Capt. Meisel of the Eugene Police Department and Mark Gissiner, the City of Eugene Police Auditor. Alex Reyna, the Founder of La-E-Kiss Radio also plans to join later in the meeting.
We aim to facilitate a conversation about how BIPOC residents in Eugene have experienced policing and what can be done to build trust between communities of color and law enforcement.
If you missed Part One: “Self-Education on Race”, you can watch the video of the Introduction and Presentation https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=406074750355318
The Part Two: “Listening to People of Color from Bethel” will be posted as soon as it has been edited.
The following are our group agreements/boundaries to ensure respectful conversation. We respect the group’s time and willingness to engage in a productive conversation and willingness to listen and learn from each other.
We will be recording this meeting, so if you don’t want your face shown in the recording, join without video. You can also use a name other than your own when you RENAME if you would rather be anonymous.
- We encourage everyone to contribute and PARTICIPATE:
* more talkative people: show a little restraint
* quieter people: your contributions are very welcome
* we are allowing up to 2 minutes to voice your comment, when called on
- Only one person speaks at a time
* if you want to speak, type CHIME into the CHAT window and wait for your turn.
Rene is monitoring the queue and will call on you when it is your turn.
* If you want to remain anonymous, you can use the drop- down arrow in the CHAT
and type a “Private Message to Rene” with your question and she will read your
question for you.
- Respect others’ opinions even / especially if you don’t agree with them
- If people don’t respect the group agreements (after one warning), they’ll be removed from the meeting without further warning.
Leave a Comment