COVID-19 Resources for Bethel Citizens
How You Can Get Help
Food For Lane County Resources, including free meal schedules for children under 18 in the Bethel School District
Lane County Mutual Aid Network
- Request Aid (English)
- Request Aid (Español)
- Hotline: (541) 321-8749
How You Can Give Help
You’ve probably already seen many of our other resources below, so we’ll start with how you can support your local community and neighborhood.
- Check on your neighbors – Offer to run errands or get groceries for someone who might not be able to go themselves, or who is older or at-risk
- Reduce stigma – COVID-19 is a virus that does not see racial, religious, or any differences between humans.
- Support local organizations with donations. See below for a list of hyper-local options
- Support local businesses and arts and cultural organizations by buying gift cards, tickets for future events or ordering take out
- Offer help through the Lane County Mutual Aid Network (English)
- Offer help through the Lane County Mutual Aid Network (Español)
- Lane County Mutual Aid Network Hotline: (541) 321-8749
Bethel Businesses Offering Takeout
Below are a selection of Bethel restaurants still offering takeout during this time. The Eugene Chamber is maintaining a full list across Lane County here.
|Abby’s Legendary Pizza-Echo Hollow||541-689-9693||1976 Echo Hollow Rd, Eugene, OR 97402|
|All Thai’d Up||510-415-9310||Food truck-Eugene, OR 97401|
|Burrito Amigos 99||541-461-8880||1136 State Hwy 99 N|
|Carte Blanche Caterers||541-554-9088||1000 S Bertelsen Rd Suite #1, Eugene, OR 97402|
|Dairy Queen HWY 99||541-688-8141||734 State Hwy 99 N, Eugene, OR 97402|
|Dutch Bros||1499 Hwy. 99 North|
|The Embers||541-688-6564||1811 State Hwy 99 N, Eugene, OR 97402|
|Eva’s Taqueria||541-337-3474||4190 Barger Dr, Eugene, OR 97402-Open Friday and Saturday from 10:30am until they run out.|
|Java Generations Royal||541-461-1744||4744 Royal Ave, Eugene, OR 97402|
|Little Ceaser’s Pizza Royal||541-607-1650||4768 Royal Ave, Eugene, OR 97402|
|Riva’s Taco Shop 99||541-461-1183||575 OR-99, Eugene, OR 97402|
|Subway Royal Ave||541-688-0652||4724 Royal Ave West, Eugene, OR 97402|
|Lee’s Donuts & Thai||541-607-9848||1950 Echo Hollow Rd Ste A|
|Fruteria Lalito||4190 Barger Dr (Truck)|
|The Filling Station||458-201-8166||4925 Barger Dr|
|Thai Time||541-972-6928||670 Hwy 99 N|
Updates from Your Local, State and Federal Government
- City of Eugene Updates
- Lane County Public Health Updates
- Oregon Health Authority COVID-19 Updates
- Resources from the CDC
What’s Social Distancing?
From the CDC:
- Don’t shake hands. Avoid unnecessary contact by not shaking hands, hugging or kissing as greetings. Find other, non-contact ways to say hello.
- Leave space. Maintain a 6-foot radius between yourself and others in public spaces. (Droplets that may carry influenza and COVID-19 can commonly travel up to 6 feet.)
- Think it through. If you would normally reconsider attending an event during flu season, reconsider it now. People over 60 and those with pre-existing respiratory, cardiac conditions, or who are immunocompromised should avoid all large gatherings.
Beyond this, we encourage Bethel citizens to not just reconsider attending an event, but to avoid unnecessary social gatherings completely.
Staying healthy during this outbreak means two things – not getting sick, and maintaining your normal mental and physical health. To avoid getting sick:
- Cover your cough. Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue away. If you don’t have a tissue, cough into your elbow.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if you don’t have access to soap and water.
- Avoid touching your face, especially eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home if you are sick. Avoid contact with people who are sick.
And to maintain your normal health, continue to get fresh air and exercise regularly! Your local parks and bike paths are all open. Maintain a six-foot radius around other folks and avoid activities like basketball or ultimate frisbee where close contact and a shared resource are unavoidable.