September 21st, 2022 7-8:30pm (PST)
Members in attendance: Lin Woodrich, Sarah Warren, Charlie Sterling, Zach Mulholland, Jeremy AAsum, Tai Pruce-Zimmerman, Suzanne O’Shea, Amie Anderson-Forbis
Absent: Diane Behling, Ethan Clevenger
Guest: John Q. Murray
7:01: Call to order by: Tai
7:01: Approval of agenda: Lin
7:02: Public comments – Lin mentioned email from Rachel regarding Safe Routes for Schools –
anyone interested in the project please reach out.
7:03: Tai – update for Social Equity work group – Drae Charles might be able to be on board
before elections. Social Equity has monthly meetings every 4th Tuesday at 5:30pm.
7:06: Meeting Minutes for: August
• 1st: Suzanne
• 2nd: Amie
Meetings approved by board
7:06: Hours update- Amie – Will put link in chat for board to use and record volunteer hours.
7:09: Name change update: Tai – Working to determine who to reach out to in order to move
name change for ABC forward.
7:12: Overlay Zone: Zach – Went over letter about how a health overlay zone would positively
impact. Health overlay zone would help within Bethel to reduce adverse health occurrences.
Put forth motion for ABC board to endorse
• 1st: Sarah
• 2nd: Amie
Board approves letter
7:15: Guest speaker John Murray – Time bank presentation- shared screen. Live demo to see
how to credit volunteer hours. Walked through steps to contribute. Website provided for hour
7:20: Opened up for questions
– Tai – Can any voluntary hours be added?
– John – Yes! Good tool to track volunteer hours.
– Jeremey – If participating what all data is recorded?
– John – Up to you what you want information you wish to share.
7:42: Developing goals for developing Bethel area. Thinking about what is wanted for area to
present to council.
7:47: Lin – Polls have been sent out to gather data from residents at past events.
7:53: Committee Reports:
– 7:53: Finance – Suzanne sent out email with details to the board.
– 7:54: Pantry – Charlie – One barrel removed from Dari Mart off Royal. Looking for some
better locations for donations.
– 8:05: Civic Engagement / Events – Lin – Ice cream social was a success. Few more events
1. Boo Barn Coming up for Halloween
2. Possible “We are Bethel” on 6/10
Good meetings so far and looking forward to up coming events.
– 8:10: Emergency Preparedness– Lin – Tabled for next meeting
– 8:12: Beautification – Sarah – Upstream project moving forward and should be completed
by end of September.
– 8:15: Communication: Lin – October newsletter getting ready to be sent out.
– 8:23: Transportation – Zach – Transportation director Rob – would like to invite him as a
guest speaker for a future meeting.
– 8:24: Recycling: 10/15 will be next recycling event – details to be included in newsletter.
– 8:24: Social Equity: Lin – Drae Charles will lead meetings – to be held monthly on the 4th
Tuesday at 5:30.
– 8:26 – Motion to adjourn made by: Lin
Approved by board.