December 15th, 2021, 7-8:30pm (PST)
Members in attendance: Lin Woodrich, Amie Anderson-Forbis , Ed Farren, Sarah Warren, Suzanne O’Shea, Charlie Sterling, Zach Mulholland, Travis Johannes, Jeremy AAsum and Ryan Josef-Maier
Absent: Tai Pruce-Zimmerman, Ethan Clevenger
Guest: Councilor Randy Groves
7:03: Meeting was called to order by: Lin
7:03: Approval of agenda – put forth by Lin
Agenda approved by board
7:03: Open Floor: Lin – State to divest coalition of fossil fuels used in investments. Should the ABC join in support of that initiative?
- Suzanne: – State is focused on PERS accounts use that those investments- then will look at other funds to address. On 1/7/2022, there will be a meeting with Julie Fahey going over subject.
- Lin: Is ABC to join?
- Suzanne: Is that covered in the Bylaws?
- Lin: As a 501c4, ABC can join. A 501c3 has different restrictions – put forth question if ABC should shift its status?
- Zach: Supportive of decision – state not as comfortable with full disclosure in state investments.
7:10: Motion to join coalition
Board approves joint coalition
7:11: Public comment – Will O’Hearn from police library would like to speak about services offered.
7:12: Meeting minutes put forth by Lin to be approved – November
Meeting minutes approved by board
7:13: ABC hours update – Amie: Reminder to complete hours volunteered and entered on tracking grid.
- Suzanne posted link for hours tracked in Zoom chat.
7:18: Charter update – Ed: Spoke with Tai – sent final bylaws for review. Will get a template from HRNI to make sure all is good before it goest to lawyers.
- Lin – Can list Active Bethel Community on Meeting Minutes title going forward.
7:19: Business (Old/New):
7:20: Visioning ideas – Lin: Screen shared will be able to type in items. Zach will lead categories during meeting for ABC board to discuss topics to look at 2022 goals, strengths, weaknesses, etc.
8:15: Zach: Update on how ABC will help with increasing Capacity Building for Bethel – What should ABC be focusing on? Board discussed topics/ideas/goals for 2022.
8:27: General Meeting dates- Lin:
1/19, 4/20, 7/20 and 10/19
- Suzanne: Could we talk about emergency zones and development within those zones?
- Lin: Would like to hear from Parks and Recreation about development of parks. Next meeting topic designated zone ideas and library services.
8:32: Rebranding ideas update- Lin:
Many ideas discussed during re-branding meeting regarding ABC’s online presence.
-Google Calendar possibilities
- Donation button if ABC changes status
- Make website and other media platforms used by ABC easy to update
8:41 – Committee Reports:
- 8:41- Transportation committee – Zach – more updates next meeting
- Lin screen shared mission statement – project ideas. Approval of Transportation Committee put forth:
- 1st: Sarah
- 2nd: Suzanne
motion approved by board
- 8: 42 – Finance – Suzanne sent out financial report earlier to board for review.
- 8:42 – Beautification – Travis – nothing to report.
- 8:42 – Civic Engagement – Travis — Nothing to report.
- 8:42 – Pantry – Charlie – sent out report to board for review.
- 8:43 – Events– Lin – Nothing to report.
- 8:43 – Business Relations – Lin – Nothing to report.
- 8:43 – Recycling – (no chair at present) – Nothing to report.
- 8:44: Social Equity – Lin – Nothing to report.
– 8:46: – Motion to adjourn made by: Lin
Approved by board.