Active Bethel Community Executive Board Meeting Minutes


December 15th, 2021, 7-8:30pm (PST)

Members in attendance: Lin Woodrich, Amie Anderson-Forbis , Ed Farren, Sarah Warren, Suzanne O’Shea, Charlie Sterling, Zach Mulholland, Travis Johannes, Jeremy AAsum and Ryan Josef-Maier

Absent:  Tai Pruce-Zimmerman, Ethan Clevenger

Guest:  Councilor Randy Groves

7:03:  Meeting was called to order by: Lin

7:03:  Approval of agenda – put forth by Lin

1st:  Ed

2nd: Suzanne

 Agenda approved by board

7:03:  Open Floor:  Lin – State to divest coalition of fossil fuels used in investments.  Should the ABC join in support of that initiative?

  • Suzanne: – State is focused on PERS accounts use that those investments- then will look at other funds to address. On 1/7/2022, there will be a meeting with Julie Fahey going over subject.
  • Lin:  Is ABC to join?
  • Suzanne: Is that covered in the Bylaws?
  • Lin:  As a 501c4, ABC can join.  A 501c3 has different restrictions – put forth question if ABC should shift its status?  
  • Zach:  Supportive of decision – state not as comfortable with full disclosure in state investments.

7:10:  Motion to join coalition

1st: Suzanne

2nd: Travis

Board approves joint coalition

7:11:  Public comment – Will O’Hearn from police library would like to speak about services offered.

7:12:  Meeting minutes put forth by Lin to be approved – November

1st:  Suzanne

2nd: Travis

Meeting minutes approved by board

7:13:  ABC hours update – Amie:  Reminder to complete hours volunteered and entered on tracking grid.  

  • Suzanne posted link for hours tracked in Zoom chat.

7:18:  Charter update – Ed:  Spoke with Tai – sent final bylaws for review.  Will get a template from HRNI to make sure all is good before it goest to lawyers.

  • Lin – Can list Active Bethel Community on Meeting Minutes title going forward.

7:19:  Business (Old/New):

7:20: Visioning ideas – Lin:  Screen shared will be able to type in items.  Zach will lead categories during meeting for ABC board to discuss topics to look at 2022 goals, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

8:15: Zach:  Update on how ABC will help with increasing Capacity Building for Bethel – What should ABC be focusing on?  Board discussed topics/ideas/goals for 2022.

8:27: General Meeting dates- Lin:

1/19, 4/20, 7/20 and 10/19

  • Suzanne:  Could we talk about emergency zones and development within those zones?
  • Lin: Would like to hear from Parks and Recreation about development of parks.  Next meeting topic designated zone ideas and library services. 

8:32:  Rebranding ideas update- Lin:

Many ideas discussed during re-branding meeting regarding ABC’s online presence.

-Google Calendar possibilities

  • Donation button if ABC changes status
  • Make website and other media platforms used by ABC easy to update

8:41 – Committee Reports:

  •   8:41- Transportation committee – Zach – more updates next meeting
  • Lin screen shared mission statement – project ideas.  Approval of Transportation Committee put forth:
  • 1st: Sarah
  • 2nd: Suzanne

motion approved by board

  • 8: 42 – Finance – Suzanne sent out financial report earlier to board for review.
  • 8:42 – Beautification – Travis – nothing to report.
  • 8:42 – Civic Engagement – Travis — Nothing to report.  
  • 8:42 – Pantry – Charlie – sent out report to board for review.
  • 8:43 – Events– Lin – Nothing to report.
  • 8:43 – Business Relations – Lin – Nothing to report.
  • 8:43 – Recycling – (no chair at present) – Nothing to report.
  • 8:44: Social Equity – Lin – Nothing to report.

– 8:46: – Motion to adjourn made by: Lin

Approved by board.

Leave a Comment