January 20th, 2021, 7-8:30pm (PST)
Members in attendance: Lin Woodrich, Tai Pruce-Zimmerman, Ed Farren,
Sarah Warren, Emily Pyle, Amie Anderson-Forbis, Madison Hibler, Suzanne O’Shea, Jenny Boyd, Ethan Clevenger and Travis Johannes
Absent: Kimberli Holmquist
Meeting was called to order at 7:01 by: Tai
- Motion to approve agenda made by: Tai
- 1st by: Travis
- Seconded by: Suzanne
7:03 – Motion to approve of 12/16/2020 Meeting Minutes: Lin
– 1st by: Madison
– 2nd by: Ed
Meeting minutes approved by board.
Old Business: 7:03
- Ed – Updating Bylaws previously provided to board.
- 24 hour discussion period can have a vote to approve any modification.
- Suzanne – How does this work for emails?
- Tai – Would not work with emails – if modifications needed. Two options possible:
- Table until next in person meeting.
- Use discussion to workshop any changes and then send out new motion- with new waiting period be approved.
- Suzanne – Could there be wording in Bylaws update regarding if motion cannot be tabled until next formal meeting?
- Tai – Procedure in place to allow email to move forward for vote. New motion can address 2nd email motion without adding wording.
Motion by Lin to approve updates to Bylaws: 7:11
1st by: Suzanne
2nd by: Madison
Approved by board.
7:12 – Goals and Challenges Report
Report details provided by Lin regarding 2020 accomplishments for ABC Board:
- Creation of Bethel Business Alliance
- Zoom meeting on social justice
- Building a Better Bethel general meeting
Three most pressing challenges:
- Engagement of community
- Diverse participation among board membership/committee’s – represents the neighborhood as a whole.
- Public safety and/or the perception of lack of safety.
7:44 – Lin – Discussion about hours worked by committees and board members for 2020.
7:45 – Neighbors helping neighbors- Canned Food Drive on 2/13/2021. Lin – postcard emailed out to board to review sharing image during meeting. Mention about Putters donating coupons for $5 off. Proposal to mention recycling on Postcards – additionally could mention bottle/can drop off bags for people to use. Possible to be mentioned on next newsletter.
- Suzanne – Can we make a flyer to advertise for other donations needed?
- Lin – Have a previous newsletter – also in Spanish and English.
- Amiee – Flyers could also plug joining ABC board/committees.
8:00 – Approval by ABC board for current Postcard to be sent out.
8:01 – Multi-cultural cookbook – table until next meeting due to time constraint.
8:04 – Sign up for ABC board members for food drive on 2/13/2021 – Use of PUTTERS parking lot.
8:11 – Aimee – Spreadsheet that can list hours which could be used each month to track board members/committee hours spent each month for record keeping. Board members/committees can email her with their hours for her to update or can be free to track their own hours.
- Lin – Next meeting working on formatting for list of hours
- Suzanne – Would like copy of spreadsheet to better see categories.
- Madison – Can set up a Google survey that could then populate Aimee’s spreadsheet.
8:17 – Committee Reports:
8:17 – Finance – Suzanne sent out financial report to board in prior email. Mention of recent bottle donations money totaling: $189.20 (per check received). Will revise financial report to reflect $25 as debts were paid off. Follow up to PayPal complaint – should ABC board decide to no longer follow up on this complaint?
- Lin/Tai – Keep working to collect that money. Have almost $11,000 in monies in ABC board account- no debt currently.
- 8:20 – Events – Lin – spoke about COVID survey posted on Facebook – it will be closed in the next few days- Will be notified of results.
- 8:21 – Public Safety – Ed spoke reminding that meetings happen as CERT every 2nd Saturday of the month.
- 8:24 – Beautification – Travis – Was emailed about the possibility of a healing garden being set up in Bethel. Will provide more details as more is known.
- 8:25 – Equity – Lin/Travis – Will have another meeting Tuesday at 6:30.
- 8:27 – Pantry – Jenny, Madison and Amie spoke of work being done. Food pantry:
- Barrels need to be picked up
- Proposed putting a Thank You note about food drive.
- Not getting enough donations at Mailbox store- possibility of moving that donation barrel to a different location. Lin – proposed Big Lots might be better.
- 8:28 – Business Relations – Lin nothing to report for this meeting.
8:30 – Motion to adjourn made by: Tai
1st by: Ed
2nd by: Ethan
Approved by board.